Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Monday, October 10, 2011

Missing Melody !!!



Dil ke jazbaat hamesha humne nahi kahe....kuch dil ne kahe kuch Jagjit Sahab ke ghazalon ne kahe....


Heavens seem to be in some mood this month....Never thought I would writing my second tribute this week....I think very soon I am going to stop looking up the news first thing in the morning.  Jagjit Singh's ghazals were introduced to me by one of my bosses.  Seriously I took that CD only because I did not want to say no.  But thereafter some point in life when I needed to listen to something that would soothe me, it was that CD...but even then half of it would go above my head since it was very difficult for me to understand the words....Ritchie is a big fan of Jagjit Singh.  Got re-introduced and this time with lot of translations.  Every time I understood each sentence it was like how could it be defined so well.... Just when I was beginning to understand and enjoy your voice, you decided to leave.  They will not make anything like that anymore.  I will surely miss you but your already recorded voice will be a big help .....Have a melodious journery ahead Jagjit Sahab


10 comments:

  1. Gos is cracking the worst of his jokes this year! I am not happy with him, earlier Japan's tragedy, then few more, Steve Jobs and now Jagjit ji! What is he thinking?

    I wonder if 2012 thing is true and he is calling these men on priority basis :(

    #_#
    The Blunt Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to know the news only after reading your post :( So sad..I just love some of his songs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u know when i saw the title of the post, that was the first thought that came to my mind. the number of tributes.
    pataudi,steve, shammi, now jagjit - so many of them - each great in his chosen work - very different - all left the same year!

    its true - the words express certain emotions/situations so well..makes you wonder. like you said. how could it be defined so well
    for me jagjit personified sadness/sorrow. his voice was so soulful
    RIP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worship him, he inspires me to write, specially in Hindi. I weep everytime I listen to 'Hum to hai pardes mein, desh mein likla hoga chaand'. May he rest in peace...

    Saru

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Chintu: ya atleast the situation looks like that...with Kasab around and the likes of Jagjit Singh gone :(
    @ Pooja: I just feel ghazals are synonym with him :(
    @ SuJu: ha yaar line lagi hai this year of tributes :(
    @ Saru: u know the first thing I read the news I listened to the ghazal u mentioned...its just so close to my heart too..:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hazaron khwahishein aisi, k har khwahish pe dum nikle"

    never a day goes when i dont listen to this ghazal:(...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very unassuming and simple person whose voice retained its timbre and pathos over the decades. He had said in an interview sometime back that he was afraid ghazals might die slowly. Did he know of his impending demise?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Skywalker: ha yaar everyone has a fav line of his I am sure :(

    @ Zephyr: maybe he did.. you never know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best Jagjit Singh Ghazal Tum Itna Jo Muskura Rahe Ho watch here

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes Kiran true it is one of his best melodies.. thanks for sharing the link :) :)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥