Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Monday, July 15, 2013

A Plate in a Jiffy....

Day #15 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge...you can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

Our flights have landed and we all are home....safe and sound...even after listening to SuKu jabber away the whole week 

This week it's time for a new theme.  It's been about 20 minutes that I opened up this new post page to write something, and I still have no clue what I will write about .  Yes I somehow have not finalised a theme yet.  We just returned from our weekly grocery shopping, too tired to cook anything for dinner so packed a sub from subway.  Stomach is growling and I can also hear Ritchie's stomach making some sound.  Oh no that is not his stomach.. that is him calling me to eat... Ok I will come back in a minute wogay   


Back now...After that above para, stopped went and grabbed that sub made comments like how lousy it was and how Ritchie had chosen the wrong bread for me and how the subway guy was not generous with the sweet onion sauce, so on and so forth.  

Anyways came back and started writing again.  Still sore about having to eat that sub.  Me and Ritchie are both very big foodies.  And people, Ritchie is a very good cook and extremely artistic in his approach.  This quality of his is genetic, because my MIL is also a Master Chefpancake emoticon .  

We eat out a lot too, but not for the sake of eating.  We practically carry out a research on some particular cuisine then go out check the best restaurants serving them and then gulp that food.  We usually and most certainly do not go out and eat Indian food by ourselves.  The reason is obvious because we make the best Indian food at home.  Another item that has been cut out from our list is the Lasagna.  We love lasagna and used to often go out and eat that....then one day I made it at home about a year back and since then Ritchie has stopped eating it out.  We tried once or twice but now he makes faces and says what I make is the best ♥♥♥ 

And no you should not think Ritchie is generous with his compliments; he is NOT.  The man adores food. Food is an art form for him.  If it was in his capacity he would shoot people who messed up with food. Initially when we went to his relatives' houses for lunch or dinner, I used to be really surprised how the aunties would wait and look up to Ritchie for 'expert' comments and how concerned they were whether he has approved their cooking or not.  And I am saying this in all seriousness the man is brutal with his commentsvery hungry emoticon.  I was the new bride and was spared the torture of cooking so never really heard any comments from him.  But after 2 months when I joined Ritchie in Stockholm I kept contemplating about how on earth was I going to tell him that the only thing I made was 'Maggi' and that too sometimes they would be so soggy that I just add more water and turn it into a noodle soupchinese food emoticon

But thankfully those times passed away with real ease and now I can whip up a meal in a jiffy .  Speaking about jiffy, that is what I like to do when we go shopping or for movies.  I like to usually plan a dinner that I can come back and make quickly just in case we decide not to eat out.  Today I did not have anything in mind and hence the sub.  Wasn't I about to tell you the theme for this week??? or all you smarty pants have already guessed it eh?? Yes the theme for this week is food.  Suits the challenge no? After all those challenges and travel we are bound to feel hungry right?  And no please don't expect some elaborate recipes, it will be about how to quickly fix up something to eat at home so that outside food could be avoided.  So after Challenger SuKu, Traveller SuKu this week we see Chef SuKu chef emoticon



All of you are cordially invited for a lip smacking and quick preparation menu.  Yes yes this was just an introduction...recipes will start from tomorrow 

P.S:  *This is not the first time I am writing about food, I have scribbled something on food here
       *Yesterday other than the challenge post I had written something else too you can read it here



I don't mind being stalked if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

24 comments:

  1. Bring it on, lady! Am sure it is gong to be as awesome as ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read about food and by the way a sub from Subway sounds good to me too. What did you get? Something spicy or something mild? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two stuffing I like there.. one is the ham & turkey and the other is chicken teriyaki.. got the teriyaki last night..

      Delete
  3. Food!! The best topic ever!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know that you have passed your husband's quality test when it comes to your cooking. Here's to more adventures in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha it is not always the case... but most of the time yes.. :) :)

      Delete
  5. that was so cute....and im terribly hungry, pass the plates please.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love cooking... and i am waiting for your recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you like it.. they won't be too tedious and elaborate just some fast cooking in the kitchen :) :)

      Delete
  7. I really love your choice of themes. Look forward to reading about your cooking adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it would be a good idea to read (and see) your posts this week after having a full meal... otherwise we'd be drooling and harassing the lives of those around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha.. no no.. they are going to be just simple fast to do dishes :)

      Delete
  9. Yay!!! So a foodie theme!! Am game for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a hardcore foodie, Suni!!
    And I want to learn how to make the perfect Lasagne.. (I suck at it :'()
    I hate people who mess up food. It is a form of devotion, my highest worship too..
    Most often I hate myself for messing it up and practice till I have it right
    Looking forward to a week of delight and yumminess :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your excitement.. I hope my simple dishes don't bore you O_O

      Delete
  11. I am now superbly excited. Please please include lots of vegetarian dishes because I am a pure veg! and also kashmiri cuisine (with veg this is difficult!) I am super happy!!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure richa :) ... no Kashmiri cuisine especially the Kashmiri Hindu Cuisine has lot of vegetarian options.. and they are very delicious too :)

      Delete
  12. I love meals prepared in a jiffy! I think I'm going to quite like this week here! :D
    UBC Day 15 - "When We Received A Telegram"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.. yeah this is my idea of instant cooking :D

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥