Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Monday, July 1, 2013

Challenge Accepted :) :)

Day # 1 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge :)


Yay!! it is the 1st of July, beginning of a new month!!  Yes I am usually this excited about every month :).  My excitement about July, besides the fact that it is named after Julius Caesar, is also because my parent's wedding anniversary is this month ♥ and also few special friends celebrate their birthdays this month ♥.  But this year July is also special because my blog 'SuKupedia' will complete 3 years of it's existence on July 25th ♥ .  So this month I really wanted to something special.  Just as I was thinking I came across the 'Ultimate Blog Challenge', well what was I waiting for, this could be my 'Something Special' for my blog this year ♥.  Today is the first day of the challenge, and what better topic I thought than to write on 'Challenge' itself ♥

When you hear the word 'challenge' a picture of something huge and impossible starts lingering in front of your eyes.  And it is true, a layman's definition of challenge is doing something which he or someone around him thinks will be impossible for him to do.  While plotting this post I was thinking about the first time I ever took up any challenge.  My memory as further as it could go searching for this, stopped at when I was about 10.  


Growing up me and my brother had our own fortes.  He was good at athletics, singing and of course other non-mentionable activities.  I on the other hand was the bookworm; loved to read, write and study.  Our school had it's annual sports day coming soon.  As usual my brother was taking part in it.  This participation was being discussed at the dining table, one evening.  My parents were all motivating him.  I couldn't stand that he was getting so much unnecessary attention.  I mean come on how difficult is it to run on the ground, anyone could do it right? but scoring marks in class academics is something not everyone can do.  In an attempt to lift my ego I patted myself.  

Image Courtesy: Google Search
During the discussion I let my big mouth open up to talk.  As the discussion progressed, end of the dinner it turned out that I had accepted a 'challenge' from my brother to take part in a sport event at the annual sports day!  Yes it only hit me hard when I woke up the next day to go to school.  So after reaching school, I went to my sports teacher and asked her to enrol my name for a running competition.  My teacher was a little reluctant because she had never seen me before.  I had to convince her hard that though she had not seen me I was actually a student of that school and that my absenteeism from sports lessons is not because of my lack of interest but just that I had other 'important' things to do.  Finally she took down my name.


I did a regular practice.  Went for runs with my brother in the morning although it was never fight free and most of the times he just left me half way and took off, I was determined not to give up.   Our school sports event happen at a huge stadium.  On the sports day the stadium really looked all colorful.  Parents all excited about their children, and students all in a really competitive mood.  From the grounds, I could see my parents sitting and waving fervently as my name was announced for participating in a 200m running race.  

All seven of the participants lined up and stretched on their marks.  The whistle was about to blow.  I looked up at the crowd and suddenly felt an unexplainable pinch in my stomach.  It was as though I wanted to throw up.  Though my brother was all acting funny in the beginning, but when I was on the line, I saw him raising his thumb towards me and yelling my name.  I saw the long stretch ahead of me and suddenly the entire stadium felt like it was going in rounds.  The sports master whistled and then shouted..... "READY" ....... "ON YOUR MARKS" ..... "GO" and as he shouted 'GO' he fired his gun up in the air and all the 'Six' girls started running.

There were only six girls because the 'seventh one' that is yours truly, SuKu had fainted by the time the gun went off and she now resembled an upside down turned frog on that huge ground!!!

Image courtesy: Google Search


You see when you practice running, there is no huge crowd and there is no gun and there is no competition...how on earth was I supposed to know that it would be this scary!!  So ya that was the first and last time I ever attempted anything with running.  I really hope some day I can train myself well and take part in a marathon or something....but till then here's a toast to that brat of my brother who would roll on the floor each time he told this story to someone who would talk good about me!!


Image Courtesy: Clipartof.com


I don't mind being stalked if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

43 comments:

  1. Hey :)

    Glad to connect with you as part of the UBC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to SuKupedia Bhavya :) glad to have you here :)

      Delete
  2. Haha. Poor kid. Yes, you can make up for it by running a marathon in the future :D Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the very best. Look forward to lots of interesting reading over the next month. I love blogs which are updated daily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaneenika.. hope I keep it up :)

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't look back on this as a failure but as a success because you MADE it to the starting line. Most wouldn't even have the guts to do that.

    Shame on your brother for making fun of you. Instead, he should wrap his arms around you and tell you he loves you just for trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie.. that is encouraging :) :)... Err my brother did hug me but couldn't keep this fun to himself :D

      Delete
  5. Ha ha - yes I imagine it would be very scary....can still remember the first time I competed in front of a huge crowd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see you understand what I am talking about :)

      Delete
  6. I loved this story and how you looked into the word "challenge". I have a post lined up in a couple of days about "challenges". :-)

    Enjoy the UBC.

    :-)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy.. this is a wonderful opportunity and I am having super fun :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Suku, stopping by from UBC. Great post and loved the story about you fainting on the starting line. I have to say I was laughing with you and felt the stress and fear, too. We have all had those moments where we pushed a little too far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minette thank you :).. yes the moments where we are pushed beyond the line :D :D

      Delete
  8. I'm sure your brother never let you live down this one, did he? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne welcome to Sukupedia :) :)... yeah he didn't..no matter how much I want to I am never allowed to forget :P :P

      Delete
  9. I love your posts because they always have a bit of you in them. <3

    Challenges are funny, they make you do funny things but at the end of it, they teach you a thing or two about yourself that you never knew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & I love you because you are always so generous with your comments :D :D

      yes this challenge taught me think before accepting a challenge :D

      Delete
  10. Omgggg u have no idea how hysterically i m laughing reading this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll give you some sympathy :-). Hope you are able to achieve your wish of some day running a marathon (without fear of the crowds or the gun).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine it being extremely scary when you were used to running alone! I ran cross country while in high school. I was never very good but I always finished. The boys race would always start after ours ended so I was alarmed when the boys thundered past me. Scared me to death and you could have peeled me off this fence. Turns out it was my best time ever. Who would have thought it? LOL Great post!!

    I look forward to reading more throughout the month!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vow Kathy you sure are a challenger :) :) glad u liked my post :)

      Delete
  13. You fainted??? You actually fainted? Wow! I can imagine how much fun your brother has on account of this incident! :D I'm sure you also miss no opportunity to tease him though! :D

    I hated sports day in school. Used to feign stomach ache and spend the games periods in school dispensary. Some events were mandatory though, like running! Didn't have to do too much of it though, 'coz I always came last and got disqualified in the very first try-outs! :D

    Glad to land on your blog through the UBC! Looking forward to reading more from you. My post is here, if you'd like to check it out - UBC Day 1 - "Happiness Jar"! :D See you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicky so nice to see you here :) :)... and yes i actually fainted.. i still remember the feeling ... this incident is my brother's mood lifter actually :P :P

      Delete
  14. SuKu, I have discovered many things in common between us. Like you, I am a bookworm and a laggard on the sports field. But unlike you, I never even tried. I would rather face the jeers of people than go out there in front of a crowd.
    I think it was very brave of you to even think of attempting to run that stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D I knew I had a long lost sister somewhere.. :) :).. so good to see you here thanks to UBC :)... & thank you for your encouraging words :D :D

      Delete
  15. Hehe i m putting my empathy shoes on nd thinking nd i feel sorry fr wht happened. I was like ur bro as a child so ddnt tool me a while to understand ur plight hehe. Sorry fr laughing lik tht - wos vert insensitive of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. But seriously- like an upside dwn frog?? Lmaooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P :P :P... couldn't you keep those empathy shoes a little longer O_O

      Delete
  17. Lmao...you actually fainted? That is too funny :) Thanks for the great comment you left on my blog :) nice to meet ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes believe me I did O_O... nice to meet you too .. welcome to Sukupedia :)

      Delete
  18. Ha ha lady, you have a way with words. You know, it is my dad who remembers everyone's silly stories and he never fails to bring them up at the unlikeliest of places. Like my stories in front of my husband and my brother's in front of all and sundry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i know how it feels when your stories come up at the wrong moment :D :D ... thanks Reema :)

      Delete
  19. hahahaha...an upturned frog..huh? LOL!! I never participated in sports or any outdoor activity till I was in college... somehow our girlie gang was very skeptical about getting our nice beautiful skin sun burned! I always had an excuse note even for PT in school if it was too sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha.. I am actually LMAO imagining how Suku, the frog must have fainted there on the ground. hahhaha... and tat pic of frog is just hehehhehehe... chathu malarnna thavala ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya that is how I exactly looked ... what to do :P :P

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥