Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Challenging Rules :)

Day # 2 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge... You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

Since I wrote about 'Challenge' yesterday, I thought I would just continue with the same theme.  This week I plan to write about things I would have never done, but then brought myself to do it and the results are for you to judge.

If  you are a regular reader of SuKupedia then by now you must have realized one thing about me that, I love my family next to God.   But that does not mean I do not have my moments with them.  Of course I do, because they all seem to be from some part of the universe that I can never explore.  My Dad is the super cool one, and mom is the one who has a book of rules which she expects us to follow.  The reason she always states is that, it is her responsibility to make sure that the kids grow up as per the 'Social norms'.  She took a lot of pride in that.  It is a totally different story that none of us turned out as she had expected, and she blames dad's genes for that!!
Image Courtesy: Google Search


One of the rules my mom always tried to imbibe in us was to take blessings of your elders by 'touching their feet'.  It is a very common tradition in India.  But my father was not a big fan of this tradition.  He thought the only place where you should fall is at God's feet.  The idea of touching feet of elders to get blessings never went well with him.  I very strongly approved of my dad's thoughts on this.  No matter where I am, I can never get myself to touch another human being's feet to seek any sort of blessings.  But that in no way means I disrespect them.  Infact I am known to be a 'darling' when it comes to loving my elders.  

There was this one time when I was in Kerala with my mother and my siblings, spending our summer vacations.  I had messed up something big time and mom was really mad at me.  We were on our way to a temple in the evening and she was still not talking to me and her mood was completely red.  My siblings kept accusing me that I had spoiled it for them too.  My brain was motorising itself to come up with ways to mend it with mom, when she slowed down to greet someone.  She turned to my aunt and said, "Oh look there is Nair Sir, our school teacher".  

I saw my chance of redemption and quickly fell at the feet of the old man who was approaching from the side.  The idea was to impress mom and make her proud in front of her teacher.  I thought mom would be really happy.  Instead she just pulled me aside and in a miffed voice asked me, "What the hell are you doing? Who is that old man?".  "That is your teacher no?  I am just taking his blessings" I retorted feeling fairly proud and impressed.  "That is not my teacher, this is" She said pointing to a well dressed middle aged man.  Turns out I had fallen at the feet of some passerby whom nobody knew!! 

While I looked sheepishly at the passerby, my mom couldn't control her laughter.  But that was not all I had to touch the feet of her teacher too...but anyways all is well that ends well

Lesson I learnt that day: You can bend your rules sometimes just to see your mother laugh :) :)

Image Courtesy: Google Search

I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

24 comments:

  1. Hi, I hopped on to your blog through this challenge's FB page. I loved this post. I was totally in splits. And I am glad I discovered your blog. I will add you in Bloglovin. All the best for this challenge :)
    And thank you for following me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Sukupedia Reema :) :)... glad you liked my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha... that must have been embarrassing, but as long as Mommy darling is happy at the end of the day, who cares na ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story! Glad you guys were able to laugh at it. I'm here visiting from UBC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that is what is best.. just laugh at it :)

      Delete
  4. hahaa good one :D loved it SuKu :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. madam when i don't write you complain.. when i write you hardly read.. kaha ho aaj kal ?

      Delete
  5. @ "she blames dad's genes for that"
    All undesirable things in the child come from the other parent, right? :D

    Btw, how come you end up in such funny situations so often? :P

    - UBC Day 2 - "Saying 'No'"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe yes Chicky.. guess that is what is the truth :D :D

      That 'ending up in funny situation' is 100% dad's genes :P :P

      Delete
  6. LOL!! you are so cute!!
    I don't like touching other people's feet either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see i wish my mom had also thought that 'I was cute'..but no she thinks I am a devil with two hands and two legs :P :P

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. and i am sure you look very beautiful with your smile :)

      Delete
  8. Lol..even I had done something like this when I was young. I went and hugged someone in the dark thinking it was dad, turned out to be some stranger. My mom wasn't impressed. She thought of buying a leash but dropped that idea eventually. :D

    I will now go craft a post for the second day. This is surely getting challenging now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha hugged someone... that is ultimate :P :P

      yes i just realised you were taking part in the challenge too missed reading ur post yesterday..

      Delete
  9. Di u make me laugh lik crazy every time. Lv ur posts!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL :D That must be embarrassing but nothing must have been more important than being in Mom's good books again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't ask.. is there a word more superlative than embarassing???

      Delete
  11. Che, I really wanna see that chammiya look on Suku's face.. I am actually thinking of how that old uncle must have felt when someone suddenly fell at his feet.
    Me too not very comfortable in feet touching process. Only time i had to touch numerous known and unknown feet was on my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh believe me there was no face left on SuKu's body.. everything just melted down in embarassement :D :D

      oh and the wedding day you must got a super back ache... thankfully mine was a kashmiri wedding... no touching feet business with them :D

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥