Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Challenging Silence x_x


This week is all about challenges, and at the speed with which I have been churning out posts about my challenges each day, I have come to a point of self realisation - My life has really been challenging!!!

This challenge that I am going to talk about today, is something which almost choked me to death!  The  challenge of being silent!
Image Courtesy: Google Search
I can talk...like really talk... for hours, for days and I am never short of topics.  I can talk on anything and everything.  My speciality is that I don't need a forum to talk, I can just start anywhere, in the grocery store, at the station, from inside the bathroom like literally anywhere.  Mom often said that when the clock struck 4 in the evening her heart would start racing, at the thought that I was going to reach home in another 10 minutes and her ears would now in every sense start bleeding.  



My mom's condition:  Image courtesy: Google Search

So this one day, as usual on returning from school I started my blah blah blahing, "Mom you know........" and the next moment I know my mom has lost it completely.  She just flared at me and in her highest pitch possible said, "NO PINKY I DON'T KNOW & I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!" saying this she pulled me by my arm, and I dropped my bottle of water in the process.  She dragged me to the dining chair and very sternly and firmly looked at me and said, "Sit here.  Do not move or I will tie you down.  Shut your mouth and don't utter a word."  waving her finger at me very fiercely she repeated, "Not a SINGLE world till I ask you to.  Do you understand?".  I looked at her like a scared sparrow with my big eyes all in tears and nodded my head like a cow, in affirmative (oh the perils of being a teenager)

She then put her hands on her hips and breathed slowly and seemed to calm down.  She looked at me and said, "Now I will talk, you will only listen, don't say anything ok" I nodded again (how on earth do cows do this? seriously!!) She continued, "Breathe slowly now.  Hear yourself breathe, hear your mind, your own thoughts" (yes I have to confess she sounded like Baba Ramdev) "See how you feel...when you say nothing at all... don't talk... see how quiet you feel... when you say nothing at all"  saying this she sank into the sofa and closed her eyes and in a slow voice said, "Oh how good I feel when you say nothing at all hmmmmmmmmm" 

This whole exercise must have taken about 5 minutes, and my dad my saviour of that moment entered the house.  As soon as I saw him the flood gates of my eyes opened, but I made sure not a sound came from my mouth.  Dad hurriedly came to me and looked at mom and asked, "what the hell is this? why is she crying?"  Mom in a more demanding voice told dad about her torture, it took about another 2 minutes for her to narrate.  Dad was really annoyed, looked at me and said, "open you mouth..now".  

OMG!! I have no words to say how I felt, but I will try my best.  The minute I got permission I started wailing as loudly as possible.  Mom and Dad thought it was because of the punishment, but actually I was screaming with happiness and the tears that came out were tears of joy!!  I was finally hearing my own voice after a whole 7 minutes and it was music to my ears.  In that 7 minutes I felt like something inside me was going to explode, my face had become red, as though if the words did not come out of my mouth I would burst and be shattered all over the house!!! Yes that is how you feel when you say nothing at all!!

Image courtesy: artgraphics.szm.sk
I compensated those 7 minutes of loss by completely yapping for about another 4 hrs non-stop and as a punishment dad was the audience :D :D

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda


I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 


http://about.me/sukusapru

49 comments:

  1. What a CUTE story!!! LOL Do you speak for a living now? I'm just surfing through some of the UBC posts and I haven't browsed your site.. but this was awesome. :) Do you find moments to be quiet and still now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) welcome to SuKupedia :)... glad u liked the post..no i just write for a living now :D :D...

      Delete
  2. 7 minutes is a long long time to keep silent Suku. I completely agree :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha :D :D
    Suku, same pinch. When I start off, there is no stopping me. I don't know what I don't talk about :P :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that is how we all ended up being bloggers :D

      Delete
  4. You made me laugh. Specially when you said she sounds like Baba Ramdev. I understand your difficulty. But I prefer to be silent. Mostly. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No i am serioius she sounded like one.. and that too she was speaking in Malayalam...so you have no idea O_O

      Delete
  5. I used to be like that. I could really talk.
    Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like me... non stop nonsense - that used to be my name in school and college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha...don't say nonsense..each word that comes out of our mouth has divine meaning :P :P

      Delete
  7. birds of a feather indeed flock together..isn't it? and u drama queen...i loved the way u narrated this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what to do sista i was born this way :P :P

      Delete
  8. Haha I am the opposite. U almost have to force me to talk..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see I envy gals like you.. my mom would love you :) :)

      Delete
  9. You truly have an ability to make the mundane interactions of everyday life into something worth a good laugh. Really had fun reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would be fun to meet you! I am the exact opposite though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunita, you hilarious dear Girly..This post was a laughing riot.. How adorable are you :D
    Keep writing Kutty :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see you get me ... wish my mom thought the same too O_O

      Delete
  12. Having the gift of gab and even giggles are definitely great assets to have when blogging! LOL

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya i think that is the only gift I have :D

      Delete
  13. Loved it when you wrote "I have been churning out posts about my challenges each day, I have come to a point of self realisation - My life has really been challenging!!! "

    You are a born writer.

    I am really enjoying your challenge series :-) Coming back to the topic at hand, I am sure your parents also must have appreciated your willingness to communicate as you were growing up as this would have given them a chance to keep in touch with everything that was going on in their daughter's life :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D :D... yes my parents most of the things in my life and also in my friends' life :D :D

      Delete
  14. LOL!!
    You are so cute!!
    My mum used to keep nodding and make appropriate noises! But, I doubt whether she actually listened to all the stories!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no take it from me.. your mom did not hear a word.. they just don't O_O

      Delete
  15. hahaha :D this is so much fun! You know I was a shade higher than you and I have a strong feeling that a seven minute silence would have probably killed me . I would have not survived :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see that is why you didn't have a mom like mine.. God only gives each one according to her capacity to take it :P :P

      Delete
  16. You remind me of my blog buddy, OB! It is sooooo difficult to keep him quiet on the phone for even 7 seconds! The one time he visited me, I was ready to throw him out of the house after a couple of hours, but couldn't. Had to wait till the next morning! Fortunately, he took a nap after lunch, so I got a bit of a respite there! :P I can totally understand what your mom must have felt that day when she made you take this challenge... of remaining quiet for 7 minutes! Hahahahahaha!
    UBC Day 6 - "When I Drove A Car"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did anybody ever tell you that you were evil O_O

      Delete
    2. Thank you SuKu, tell her. Chicky. Evil.

      Came over from Chicky's blog. What a funny, charming post :-)

      Delete
    3. are you the one she is talking about OB ??? hehehehe the next time you meet her pick her brain for me too ok buddy :D :D... glad u visited her.. thanks :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, it's me she calls OB. I didn't just visit her, I was lured in, SuKu. Lured in by the promise of a plate of her signature dish, Aloo Jhol. The nefarious Chicky played my weakness for food against me in this insidious plot, as I literally walked into her 7th floor chamber of doom in the heart of the Thar Desert that terrible autumn day the memory of which is forever seared into my mind... *shudder* the horror...the horror....

      You have been warned...

      However, no more. I have decided to rise up in revolt against Chicky's tyranny. I am a free man. I have rights. I shall be oppressed by evil no more!
      Inquilaab Kaddubad!! :D

      Delete
    5. aage bado OB hum tumhare saath...Chicky ki Wicky nahi chalegi nahi chalegi!!!


      PS: I wanted to read your blog but the link is not there on your profile...O_O

      Delete
    6. *Grin* Chicky ki Wicky :D

      Oh I don't have a blog. I just write long, senseless comments on Chicky's blog. That pretty much covers things you see. I don't have much to say anyway. So why bother creating my own blog when she does all the publishing for me? ;)

      Delete
    7. Kitna drama karte ho OB! Seriously! And Suku, his blog has been dead for years!

      Delete
    8. @ abhiroop.. I meant Chicky ki Wickedness.. Wicky just rhymed better :P :P

      @Chicky: get him to blog ya...

      Delete
  17. Oh dear lord. My teachers should meet you. They would certainly appreciate me more in retrospect. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they trouble you?? bring them to me now.. i would fix them :D :D

      Delete
  18. lol!!! Thank God my Mom never made me do this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. ROFL....Suku, just last week, I tried doing this with my 6yr old, and she was quiet for 4 minutes...can you believe that :D
    Maybe, once she grows up, she too will post a blog:)
    I am wondering what will happen, when we meet, even I am so talkative:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayu she will not write a blog post she will write a book :D :D.. generation gap you see :P :P

      If we meet we will just be prepared for people to throw us out :D

      Delete
  20. SuKu Congratz ... :) This has been chosen as a WOW post!
    http://blog.blogadda.com/2013/07/05/weekend-creative-writing-indian-bloggers-celebrate-blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayyyyyy!! thanks for letting me know Bhavya this was my first participation on WOW :) :).. just checked it :) :) and congrats to you too.. saw your post is also chosen on WOW :) :)

      Delete
  21. 7 minutes!!! wow, that was really a longgg time. Nice knowing the child Suku. Hope and pray that you are still the same chatterbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was very loooonnnnnggg.. .I tell you :( .. and yes SuKu has not changed... but the audience has reduced so that is why I am blogging now no :P :P

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥