Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chillas

Day #20 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge...You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

How's the weekend fellas?? Mine is too good.. I am really surprised that I am not keeping well (fever and some infection) yet I read all your posts last night, made the Funtoons for Friday and yet this morning as the fever continues I am still writing the Day 20 post!! How many times I have wanted to write something and left it just because I had a headache, or I was feeling sleepy or simply not in a mood and look at me today. It's just superb what this challenge has made me discover about myself.  I mean I can actually write everyday, and I am enjoying it too ♥.  And bloggers who have taken part in this challenge, especially the working folks look at you too, you deserve a trophy ♥♥


I have baked 2 cakes and I have loved it.  But I wanted to learn baking for a long time and last month I got in touch with someone who could come home and teach.  I had a class scheduled today, but did not cancel it mainly because this teacher has kids and she must have already arranged everything, so did not want to bother her.  But I am glad I did not cancel.  Her name is Malini and she is so nice and a professional when it comes to teaching.  The best part was how careful she was not to waste any ingredients and how she stressed on using whatever equipments I had.  Lovely time I had with her.  Oh we made cookies today, chocolate chips cookie and almond cookie♥.  

Now Ritchie is giving me stern looks because he wants me to hop on the bed and take a crocin, so I will quickly pen down today's recipe.   You know sometimes you wake up a little late and you want to make a quick breakfast and not have cornflakes, this recipe is for times like that.

Step 1:  Take Aatta (whole wheat flour) in a bowl.  Add buttermilk and whip it to a consistency of a dosa or pancake batter.

Step 2:  Add chopped onions, green chillies, salt, and whatever other masalas you want to add. 

Step 3:  Heat a dosa pan or a pancake pan and scoop the batter on the pan and spread it like you spread the dosa batter or the pancake batter.  Once both sides are done, serve it with pickle or curd or nice hot tea.  

You can also make the above with besan.  When I made it for the first time as a quick breakfast for some friends I had made it using besan.  And I thought that this was some innovative dish, but later one friend chipped in and said, 'Oh you are making Chillas?'.  'Oh is this called Chilla?' I asked her.  That is how I discovered the name :D.  Later I tried it with aatta and it turned out nice too.  

Have a nice weekend guys... ♥♥♥


I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

18 comments:

  1. I too make wheat flour dosas or chillas. post the photos of yr baked products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I have clicked the pictures... but I think I will try and post it with today's post ok

      Delete
  2. Take rest babes :)

    Chillas are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear.. imagine I did not even know they were called Chillas :P

      Delete
  3. I make besan and sooji chillas too! In our home they are preferred more than the wheat flour kinds.
    Take care and get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shilpa ... aahh sooji is new.. I will try that the next time...

      Delete
  4. Nice..am going try making this tomorrow, sounds simple and yummilicious. We do this with rice flour. I will try this version and tell you how it tasted.

    Take care SuKu. Jaldi theek hojaao. Even am running a temperature and Abhay acts the same ways as Ritchie, giving me hubby stares. :D

    I love baking too. It makes one feel so satisfied. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Poo... hope you are feeling better now♥
      Let me know how you like it once you make it ok... agree about baking :)

      Delete
  5. Get well soon sweetie <3 and chilla is my favourite! I make them often for sunday breakfast :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear ♥ ... for me too it is mostly weekend quickie :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds Yum, Suni!!! I have never come across this recipe and I would try this at the earliest.. U take care of yourself Girl. Loads of Love :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee.. sure give it a try and let me know how it was okay ♥

      Delete
  7. This is interesting. I have never tried making chillas with aata... must try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We usually make besan & daal cheelas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try aatta sometime.. it comes out well :)

      Delete
  9. Whole Wheat Flour chilla sounds better than the besan one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. taste wise i love both.... give it a try :)

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥