Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dahi Kadi

Day #18 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge... you can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)


Have been having a rather dull day today... got a boil on the leg that is really painful and making it difficult to walk.  Craving to read more and more... have been munching on blogs practically the whole day... that is how I am I just love to read.  All my books are done and now I am planning to order some new ones.  In the process of making a list.  In between went to check my blogger award entry page to see if anybody had liked it.. and was completely bowled over to see 70+ recommendations and about 14 generous comments.  That sure put me back on a butterfly mood ♥.  For all of you commented and recommended a biiiiiiigggggggggggg thank youSmiley .  

If you have still not visited this page then please click here and either click 'recommend' or 'add comment' or if you are in a more generous mood just do both ♥ Your support means a lot to me...and yes I know I sound like those contestants on reality shows asking for vote 



Now coming back to kitchen, there are days like today when I don't feel like eating something loaded with spice.  Just like to keep it simple, even though I have the time to cook.  I make a lot of variations of 'Kadi'.  Kadi as many of you might know is a curry made out of buttermilk.  But on days like this my quick solution to a simple food is the below recipe.  

Step 1:  Take required quantity of yogurt in a bowl and add water to make plain buttermilk.  Add salt to taste and some turmeric powder.  Don't make it too watery just the right consistency to pour it over the rice.

Step 2:  Take a pan, pour in some oil.  Temper it with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and coriander leaves.  

Step 3:  Just pour the buttermilk into this pan and let it heat up.  I take care not to boil it because then the buttermilk splits up and I don't like it.  But it is upto you.  Keep it on medium flame and once it is hot enough, just close to boiling take it off.

You can serve this with hot rice and some potato chips or fries.  If you have access to coconut milk then add some to it after you take it off the gas.  Tastes even better.  

My dad is a very good cook, better than my mother.  He can make anything in the world, but yet whenever he used to be in the kitchen this is all we wanted him to make.  The coconut milk is his variation ♥ 



I don't mind being stalked if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

22 comments:

  1. I love rice and kadhi. but a slight variation in cooking. I add besan batter to the buttermilk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I add besan too...but this one is a little more quick no :D

      Delete
  2. have never tried the coconut milk variation, will have to try that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will give this a miss. I somehow cannot develop the taste for kadis. Mujhe kuch weird feeling hota hain jab mein kadi dekhti hoon. But, am sure kadi-lovers will love this version. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so it's decided.. when you come to my house.. i will feed you kadi chawal :P

      Delete
  4. That's a cool version of the kadi which we call 'khoroo' at our end...dahi kadi is something else for us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha we call it 'moru kuttan'... try this version ok :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting recipe. When it is hot, which it is here, I don't want anything too complicated to prepare either.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy this is the best thing to be prepared during a hot weather... as buttermilk inherently has cooling properties :)

      Delete
  6. Don't you put besan? Or is this a different kadhi? I know only besan kadhi, so fast to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no no i make the besan one also... sometimes i also put in pakodas in it... but this one is just a quick version to help on those lazy days :)

      Delete
  7. interesting recipe... I love our version of the Kadi! :D
    my dad is a great cook too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i would kill for 'moru kuttan' and fish fry I tell you.. dad's are so cool no :D

      Delete
  8. wow!! this is even simpler than the besan kadhi...! i am loving all ur recipes suku... so simple, yet so interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear ♥... i too make the besan kadhi..but this just makes things easy :)

      Delete
  9. Love kadhi-chaawal! And yeah, like Kalpana said, I also add some besan to the dahi-water mixture. Then it doesn't curdle on boiling.
    Left some comments for your lovely blog on the IBA page, btw! Cheers! :D
    UBC Day 18 - "Memorabilia-XIV: Why Do You Like Me?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much dear ♥ .. means a lot :) ...

      yes I too add besan... but yeh jaldi jaldi ban jaata hai na..

      Delete
  10. same question as Reema. You dont put besan? and also I made kadi today :D :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) I put besan and all when I have that kind of cooking mood and time..otherwise this is just a phutaphut cooking :D

      Delete
  11. This is different and easy. I make it differently. Also kadhi actually means that it has to be simmered on low flame for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) yeah super easy... yes i simmer kadhi too but only when i add besan to it.. not without it... it just curdles up..and i hate it :(

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥