Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Envy


Day #23 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge...you can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)






Hoping you guys are liking this week's Gyaan Theme  Today we will discuss the second sin, which is green in color and called ENVY  

Envy is synonym with Jealousy.  I know what is jealousy, but wanted to check the exact meaning and this is what I got from the web, "A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possession, qualities or luck".  After reading this I thought I will dissect this and explain it in 3 points.


1.  Feeling:

Let's dwell on this for a while.  When we see someone with something that is really bringing that person lot of name, fame and wealth we have a feeling inside us.  Let me tell you there are numerous kinds of feelings. Some people look at this person as an inspiration and aspire to be like them.  Some people look at this person and think that she is bragging too much about her wonderful life, without having the slightest clue about how much struggle that person must have gone through to reach this stage.  These are the judgemental ones, I think.  The inspiration and the judgemental species are pretty harmless.  The next two are the dangerous ones.  The first one who thinks that since this person has it even she can have it and goes all out to get the same stuff, and later regrets.  The other one is one who thinks that if she has and I cannot have it then I will destroy it for her too, and then stooping to really low levels to strip that person of her happiness.  These two are the feeling of Envy.  

2.  Resentful Longing:

So when you see someone and feel envious, that is called resentful longing.  You feel bitter and you also feel that it is unfair that this person has this thing.  Here is what I think.... why do we think it is unfair?  aren't we being judgemental here and thinking that we are better than this person and we should be the ones who are having it and not her.  This shows how we think of ourselves (read Pride).  We are so much blinded by our own capabilities and pride that we fail to see the struggles of the other person.  Then we march to do the same and it is not surprising how many times then we fall flat on our face.  Worst is when we try to snatch it away from that person.  For e.g if we are envious of some persons number of friends then just bad mouth about her to her friends.  


3.  Someone Else's Possession

Looking at someone's stuff and wanting to have it, what is wrong you may ask.  Nothing, absolutely nothing.  We can see someone's dress or home or bag and think we want that too.  But then how do you 'Feel' about this thought...is it 'Resentful' then yes it is wrong.  What is the extent you would go to get that, not  because you 'need' it but just because someone else 'has' it?  You know from where this longing comes? From not being content in your life, by not being satisfied with what we already have and posses.  And it is with experience I say my dear friends that contentment will only come with a feeling of 'gratitude & thankfullness'.  Waking up in the morning and being thankful that you can go to the loo to pee is a great gesture, because you will be surprised to know how many adults sleep in diapers because of kidney problems.


So that was the sinful lady in green Ms. Envy for you... She is not a friend you would want to have ok♥

Image Source: blog.adw.org (via google)





I don't mind being stalked if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

23 comments:

  1. Interesting...waiting for more gyaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feelings depicted thru your words come alive. TIt is sad but true. Envy, jealousy or resentment are negative traits that destroy the peace of a person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh ya absolutely... they really give you sleepless nights.. while the person whom you are jealous of sleeps well O_O

      Delete
  3. Envy..sometimes, it lets us rise above ourselves and sometimes makes us fall below our own standards.Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit I have felt that little green monster at times but I try not to let it consume me. Jealousy isn't all together a bad thing though, it breeds competition which can be good. Just don't let it take over your whole being. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that is the key.. not to let it take over your wise thinking...

      Delete
  5. hmmm.. well said
    I really don't understand envy or jealousy..
    According to me, there are useless emotions!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are one lucky person I tell you if you don't feel that.. but someone like me had to go through a lot of life lessons to learn it .. one bad girl I have been I tell you O_O

      Delete
  6. I know being envious is not that good, but your Ms. Envy looks just so hot in her gown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't fall for her Bhavy.. Sin is always tempting *pulling & dragging you away now*

      Delete
  7. envy is never good for us, even for the tummy scientifically! it triggers some receptors which aids in releasing gastric juices, and causes acidity and heartburn, literally!!!!!!!! so for our own good.... better not be envious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaahh I didn't know this digestive part of envy O_O

      Delete
  8. i wonder if i fall under 'resentful longing'. I honestly dont go around badmouthing people or going all 'sour grapes' about it, but i definitely torture myself mentally with the whole - "How come that undeserving person gets it and I get stuck with crap? Wheres the justice in this?"
    Sigh.. I would probably be a poster boy for all 7 sins, now that i think of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean... been there felt it so hard that went without food or drink for a week... and then sense prevailed...

      & we should seriously think about making you the poster boy.. you will look sexy in that gown :P :P

      Delete
  9. They say, envy is the art of counting the other person's blessings instead of your own. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Envy is something that we may pretend doesnt exist but in most cases it is the sole reason for all our problems. And I agree with Bhavya Ms. Envy looks damn hot to me too :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely...envious people I don't know how they sleep because when I felt that I thought I would almost die... and as I told Bhavya... sin is tempting *pulling you away too now*

      Delete
  11. I envy evil people, who always do wrong and still get everything in life..it is as if I am being punished for being cursed with a good heart :(.. I think I am more angry than feeling envious..AM I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes I hear you Dee I know exactly how that feels.. really some stupid useless person getting what we wanted.. and really I don't know how that person gets it..

      Wrong? I don't know dear.. but I know for sure that means we are judging that person...and not letting God do his work...

      Delete
  12. I think we all fall for these traps every now & then. It's part of human nature. The important thing is to realize our mistake as soon as possible and move on. Feeling a little envy occasionally is okay, I suppose. As long as we don't act on those feelings and cause some real damage. Btw, I love that quote Shilpa has shared above. And I would love to have a gown like that in blue... sky blue or deep royal blue! :D

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥