Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Home Alone Challenge :)

Day # 7 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge... You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

So you have come this far... reading and surviving all my challenges, Bravo!!! Clapping Smiley


This is the last day of the week and so is the end of my 'Challenging Week Theme', though I can write an entire encyclopedia on my challenges, I will have some mercy on you guys and end it today Bad Hair Day Smiley (Funny) From tomorrow we will start a new theme ok? ok.

Here comes today's challenge.  I am not sure how many of you will be able to associate with this, but you will atleast sympathize with the fact that I have a super fear of staying at home all by myself at night!! Yes it is the 'Home Alone' Challenge Female Smiley Moving her head


I have no idea how? but somehow when there is company there seems to be no sound coming from anywhere.  The moment I am alone in the house at night there seems to be all sorts of sounds coming from all sorts of things.  My house suddenly turns into a Vikram Bhatt movie set...no seriously...even the mattress starts making sound, the door knob shines extra bright, water drips so loudly from the tap as though there is a waterfall built right in the middle of the kitchen!!!

Image courtesy: clipartof.com

So no I don't like to be left alone, and if by any reason I am left by myself then I turn into an owl!! No no like a real owl I sleep during the day and at night I watch movies on laptop (yes I know owls don't do that).  In the evening I go out and stock myself up with McD burgers, Chips & Fanta and then at night I party with myself.  Everyone in the house knows about this and extra care is always taken to this day to make sure I am not alone.  But that is not always really feasible when you are staying with your spouse miles away from home and loved ones. The spouse's job involves lot of travelling and so the McD near our house is really doing good business.

I was in India sometime last year.  MIL went to Delhi for a marriage and I was supposed to join her the week after.  The Spouse was in Stockholm. A friend was supposed to come over and give me company but she could come only the next day.  I was out the whole day shopping and gallivanting.  Came home really late, threw the bags on the floor & sank straight into the bed.  I knew I would sleep really well because I was very tired.  Just then the unspeakable happened....Lights went off!! 

I lay on the bed completely frozen.  Slowly moved my hand towards the bed side table to pick up my mobile.  All this while chanting omg, omg omg, omg.... As my hand scurried over the table, I realised my phone was in my bag and my bag was on the floor in the HALL!! Now it was OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG....  Slowly crawled (yes literally crawled) to the hall found my bag and got my mobile.  Immediately switched on the torch in it.  Within minutes lit up all the available candles. Now my house looked like a.. happy birthday cake Really weird looking smiley – twisted eyes

Image Courtesy:  Google search

Went back to bed and was so tired that I would have slept off peacefully.  Just then the phone rang.  My mother was on line

Mummy:  I thought you must have slept then realised how will you sleep you are alone no hahahahahah
Me:  Mummy can you laugh slowly you are scaring me.. you know there is no light also 
Mummy:  Ai aiyo... have you locked the doors properly? 
Me:  (I don't know if she was comforting me or spooking me further).. yes everything is locked mummy...don't worry mummy I will sleep off ...too tired...goodnight...uummmaaa

At about 12.30 in the night the phone rang again, this time my MIL

MIL:  what are you doing beta? watching TV?
Me: (groggy) no mumma sleeping
MIL:  really?  No I know you are lying...you must be awake only poor thing.. I feel so guilty for leaving you all alone there (ya she is a sweetheart ♥)
Me:  No no mumma really God promise I am sleeping.....
MIL:  ok we just finished one function, I will be awake so if you feel scared you call ok..luv you beta bye

By now my sleep had started eluding me and now the sounds had started to come.  Even the watchman snoring I could hear on the 5th floor...but surprisingly I dozed off.  Then at about 3am the phone rang again...This time the Spouse

Him:  Hi baby...what you doing?
Me:  (groggy & irritated) playing football!!
Him: hahahahahah I know you must not be sleeping....tell me which movie you are watching?
Me:  Aarey yaar really I am sleeping ya
Him:  Why? why are you sleeping?  hope you are not sick?
Me:  (as calmly as possible) Honey it is 3 am in India is it not normal for people to sleep at this time???
Him:  It is ofcourse...but not for you...hehehehehehe

Image Courtesy: Google search

Trust me if he was in front of me at that time I could have gobbled him up.  We ended up talking till 4.30 am and by the time we hung up...sleep had said tata bye bye 



I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

49 comments:

  1. I hate being alone.. I avoid it as much as I can

    ReplyDelete
  2. If its any consolation - your family seems to know you in and out - that they'd bet their marbles about you being awake at 3AM if left alone at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! nice narration. But I am not scared to be home alone so maybe it took me all a little way off to understand why would you be scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aare anything can happen...a hand can pop out of the sink..door can open by itself and someone can come inside..somebody might be hiding in the bathroom :( :(

      Delete
  4. i am like that..super scared to be alone! But there was a time in my life when I had to work outside my hometown and I stayed all alone for 3 long years....I always slept with the lights on....!!! now i wonder how i managed!! I thought I had become brave at the end of it, but no, I am back to being scared again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post and feel bad that sleep eludes you when alone.Enjoyed the movie Home Alone. I am never left alone as my son is always with me. But I enjoy solitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i like solitude too...but during the day time... O_O

      Delete
  6. As usual, it was a fabulous narration. I can relate to it from my teen years actually. I don't really feel so scared now. Ok a little bit. One of my friends keeps all the lights on at home when she is alone. When she is travelling for work and is alone in a hotel room, she would keep the lights and the TV on. I would usually lock my room. That makes me feel more in control of the situation, and I like the lights off, so that I can see outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I have tried that TV on thing.. it helps :D :D

      Delete
  7. hi buddy thanks yar..and ya good post this as usual:) i can gel well with this post coz this month i am all alone in sharjah..i have been down with a flu...and vallah..v realise the challenges of life so well in such a situation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but you are not scared are you?? you just miss the pampering :P :P

      Delete
  8. LOL!!!

    I love staying alone! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya say that when you pull the toilet lid and a hand pops out ok :P :P

      Delete
  9. I love your posts. They are so hilarious. Poor you, everyone succeeded in waking you up on the one day you were able to sleep :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes and they claimed to have done the right thing.. :D

      Delete
  10. LOL :D I can understand your fear! At one point of time, I used to get scared of staying alone, but now I am cool about it. Though when alone, I lock the bedroom I am in, still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that locking of the bedroom scares me more :(

      Delete
  11. I used to get shit scared of sleeping alone in my room at the hostel. I used to sleep with a penknife under my pillow and listen to music till I fell off into blessed oblivion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm pen knife is a good idea .. thanks :)

      Delete
  12. Arrey SuKu, kuch nahin hoga, sirf ek do bar teen chaar bhoot aayenge aur kissie dey ke chale jaayenge :D

    On a serious note, I have passed this phase I guess. But, horror movies can very well put me back into the phase again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha bhooton ka kya bharosa :P :P... and don't watch horror movies ok O_O

      Delete
  13. In order to better enjoy the "home alone in a locked bedroom with strange noises" experience, may I suggest watching the movie "Murder 3" or even better the original Spanish movie "The Hidden Face" from which Murder 3 was adapted? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huh Murder 3.. i cannot even watch a dolly bindra show if i am by myself :P

      Delete
  14. It has been a long time since I have been home alone since I have kids. My husband is often on the road. I can imagine I will figure what that feeling is all about once the kids fly the coop and my husband is working. The last time was years ago before my husband and my kid. I just kept busy and enjoyed my own company immensely.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too like to have fun during the day time.. but night time is all when it starts :D

      Delete
  15. I live alone and I'm not scared much. But I have been having this irrational feeling that there's a man living in my ceiling... IDK y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah... on a serious note i am going to pray never to have that feeling :D

      Delete
  16. its such a good feeling when u come to know that its not only u who is scaaaaaaaared of being alone.... love the way u write :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG look whoz here :D :D... now with that darling angel of yours you don't have to be alone ♥ ... and yes now that you love my writing..post it on your fb.. as promised O_O

      Delete
  17. hahaha!!! this is such a lovely narration! I too turn an owl over the weekends... sleep day long and watch movies all night.. but no, am not not scared of staying alone! I enjoy the lone time thoroughly :) enjoyed every bit of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too.. but enjoyment only through the day... night is like turning into a watchman O_O

      Delete
  18. ha ha ha ha u have an interesting life!!! But seriously with so many ppl looking over you, u shouldn't be scared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but what is the use of all these people when if they leave me alone at night :(

      Delete
  19. this one was fun! and honestly I love staying at home. There is this whole element of peace attached to it. When people tell me we are going out I rush them out. But there is a catch I need my husband at home. He has to stay! others can go :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Arre! But why did you sleep when you were not supposed to sleep? What happened to party by myself all through the night? Everybody out there was so concerned for you, taking time to call you and provide you with some company (even if on phone) through the long scary night, and there you were... blissfully asleep, and even annoyed by their calls! Tch tch!
    :P :P :P
    But that line "Now my house looked like a.. happy birthday cake" had me in splits! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once in my lifetime I thought i could sleep even though i was by myself.. :P :P... i can still hear you laugh :D :D

      Delete
  21. hehehehe, I felt as if I am reading about myself :D
    Even I get scared when i am Home Alone. I keep reading the whole night or listening to music.
    It was so sweet of ur mum and MIL to call up at that time of night :)

    And the conversationw with hubby...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gayu ... it just helps to know that I have company :D :D

      Delete
  22. hahhaha
    a ROFL post.. I also get scared in nights if am alone I can never ever sleep alone :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Suku dear, I am with you. Completely. I can never ever sleep alone in a house. NEVER. Forget alone in a house, I cant even sleep alone in a room ( rest assured, you are far better compared to me). I used to sleep with ma mom when at home till two years back. when John gets late at office, I burn the midnight's oil. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe someone is more gone case than me :P :P u beat us all hahahahah

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥