Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Norway ♥


Day # 14 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge... you can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

Psssst Did you notice the Bloglovin button?? 

This week has really been very tiring ... what do you mean why?? I travelled so much no and along with me you too ... thank you very much for coming along and being a part of my wonderful journey.... hope you all enjoyed it 

Today is the last day of the Travel Theme for this challenge.  I have a few more places that I have travelled, but since the theme ends today, I decided to choose the most beautiful place I have visited in Europe, Norway!! Yes I believe you should leave the best bite for the last.  Even now as I write about Norway I can literally smell the air there.  I am really getting very nostalgic   

We have always been impressed with Stockholm.  Less population, wonderful people and very good infrastructure, but when we saw Norway, we couldn't believe it was even better than Stockholm.  It was beautiful weather when we travelled there.  Norway is a scarcely populated country.  It's raw natural beauty is a sight which will remain with us for years to come.  Pictures speak for themselves just have a look at them



Yes they are real houses...where people like you and me live... there are roads built and they even have train services here.. isn't it amazing 


Winter was just over and summer was about to set in... This moutain says it all 


This house was just next to our hotel... look at the way the creepers are grown and the way they are attached on the walls... just beautiful... so fresh and green... each day when we passed by I told Ritchie this is how our house should be 

Food we thought was a little expensive, but it was super tasty.  We relished the sea food, especially the mussels with lime after Istanbul this is where I had it... I wouldn't leave a chance.  Shopping here was fun.  I bought the trademark reindeer wool sweaters that Norway is famous for.  It was expensive no doubt...but worth every penny.  We had thought it won't be that cold there since the winter had already passed but on our way to visit the Sognje Fjord I couldn't stop shivering and picked up another hooded jacket with NORWAY written on it... so that was a double shopping for me 

You remember in school when teacher asked us to draw a scenery, we used to draw two moutains and sun peeping out from the moutains and invariably there would be water flowing between the mountains... atleast my drawings always ended up like that ... a fjord means exactly that.  I tried to look up the meaning on net and this is what it said, ' A long narrow deep inlet of the sea between high cliffs, typically formed by submergence of a glaciated valley'.  There are a number of Fjords in Norway, we took a trip to the longest in Norway that is the Sognefjord and it is also the third largest in the world. The trip was of more than 5 hours and every little while me and Ritchie would go on the decks and enjoy the wild wind on our face and water splashing over.  It was just superb.  We were enjoying this kind of a natural beauty for the first time. Here is a picture


We had taken the famous Flam Railway to reach the Sognje Fjord.  These Norwegians are so lucky, not only are they blessed with this natural beauty but also they structure it so well. Flam Railway is one such example.  On our way the train stopped for about 10 minutes at a place called Kjosfossen Waterfall.  Yes the Flam Railway route is right next to this waterfall.  We got down there and enjoyed the very cold waterfall.  It is a tourist spot and they even have 2 ladies singing on an isolated building up in the moutains. You can hear that down at the station because they have speaker connections.  As I write this I am transported right back there.  An unforgetable experience.  Have a look at the picture.. you would know what I mean 



Of course we came back with a lot of memories.  One of them being that, both me and Ritchie were playing antakshri in the train and while I was singing 'Raat akeli hai bhooj gaye diye....' and teasing Ritchie, the ticket checker came and stood quietly watching me and then in the most polite way he said, 'no no I am not trying to disturb  you I just want to see your tickets'  

That's a very memorable picture of me and Ritchie... we were just trying to replicate our Desi Love Story 




I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

30 comments:

  1. Aww..looks like all the places you have visited have been honeymoon trips, not one but many and I hope it continues all your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norway is yet another place that has unparalleled beauty!The last pic was lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes sure it is :) .. thank you Rahul :)

      Delete
  3. What lovely memories you have and how fortunate you are to be able to explore the world.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make Norway sound like it needs to be on my bucket list and I love the pictures. Guess what? That's how my drawings in elementary school looked as well. Guess I was drawing Norway. Thank you for sharing your journeys with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe yes yes you were surely drawing Norway :)

      Delete
  5. What a lovely description of your holiday in Norway. There isn't much that one gets to read about Norway so your little travelogue really helps.
    And by the way, same pinch, as they used to say back in school. That is exactly how I drew scenery. Plus there was the sun in the sky, and a little house with one door, one window and a chimney on the tiled roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we don't usually see much written about Norway... and lol you too cynthia same drawing :D :D

      Delete
  6. Fjord !! The word is definitely new, but the picture was exactly like how you described.. two mountains, a sun and a river :D

    That is a cute pic SuKu :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bhavya :) Fjord was new for me too :) ..

      Delete
  7. that Pic reminded me of Simran and Raj from DDLJ....it's been a great week with you..and i loved every single travel post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoying your travel series. and that second pic is mighty adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! look who is here??? :P ..

      Thank you Jenny glad you liked it :) :)

      Delete
  9. Yeah i noticed the button alright, but following you in feedly instead! :D
    You know, I still draw a scenery the same way... a line of mountain peaks across the top 1/3rd of the sheet, and the sun peeping out from between 2 peaks! :P
    Those quaint houses look really cute. Would be fun living in such a house!
    UBC Day 14 - "Sunday Slumbers And Thunders "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe so now i know i was not the only one whose scenery looked like that :D :D

      oh yeah those houses they looked like toy houses I am telling you :)

      Delete
  10. What challenge are you taking up this week?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aha!! What an interesting travelogue! Norway is such a beautiful place... a friend stays there and his pics always have some amazing views/backgrounds all the time. Loved your DDLJ pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Travel tales SuKu :D enjoying them :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute this was!!!! Lovely pics!! I think I have cousin in Norway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you smita :) .. and 'you think' ? :P :P

      Delete
  14. And I am sad the travel tales finish! You should continue for another week on this. And norway does look to be quite beautiful! also I feel that there are many things you have done which I havent. and I think I need to say in barney style "challenge accepted" (and then do nothing about it :P ) and travel!!

    Seriously I love this fact that you are a travel freak and you have Ritchie to accompany you always :) God bless you both!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahah Richa true barney style :P :P ... I am really glad you liked my posts and thank you so much for your wishes :) :)

      Delete
  15. Suddenly I am jealous of you. I so want to travel Europe. And beautiful shots!

    We know you love being stalked ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling ♥♥♥ you must come to this part of the world :) :) it's lovely..

      yes see I like when people follow me hear n there :P

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥