Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Palak Rice



Day #16 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge... You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

Image Courtesy:  istockphoto
It is always about the stomach, isn't it?  Food is an important part of our daily life planning.  No matter where we go, work, shopping, movie, family outing etc., food is always the foremost thing to be considered. Frankly for me it never used to be such a concern.  I am fine with eating anywhere and anything.  Outside food is not really a big thing for me.  And all this restaurant food thing started once I moved out of my home for job.  Until them mummy used to be very strict about eating at home.  As children going out and having food used to be very ceremonial for us.  Somewhere just before marriage I got very conscious of my health and the banes of eating out started hitting me.  I mean it's good but not always.  I started to keep a close watch on when and why I eat out.  Figured out it was usually during shopping.  I get so tired when I come home that there is no life left to make anything.  Especially if everyone at home is going out then surely nobody can even think about getting into the kitchen and cook a dinner.  


As I mentioned earlier yesterday, my MIL and Ritchie are both excellent cooks and most of all both of them love food.  MIL is a working professional.  She carries her freshly prepared lunch from home everyday.  I have always noticed no matter where we have to go, she always has her meal plans in place.  She obviously makes something at home before we all go out.  So when we come back it is only a matter of reheating the stuff.  But then this also means she has to cook something simple and tasty because usually before you leave for an outing you don't have much time to cook.  I have taken it from her, and now most of the times if it is shopping then it is only shopping not shopping + dinner, unless it is planned before hand.  So that is what this week I will share.  Quick fixes for those hungry times.
Image Courtesy:  Google Search


Today's Quick Fix is an all time favourite in our house:  Palak Rice (Spinach Rice).  Many of you must have already made this many times, but for novices like me this would be fun 

Step 1:  Make a puree of 1 bundle of spinach (apprx 250gms), green chillies (to taste) & garlic (8-10 cloves)

Step 2:   Take a pressure cooker and add some oil to it.  Temper the oil with cumin seeds & red whole chillies and then add the above puree into it.  Fry for about 7-10 minutes on medium Flame

Step 3:  Add 2 cups of rice and fry for another 2-3 minutes.  Add salt to taste. Then add about 4 glasses of water and let it whistle for 3 whistles.  

Step 4:   Once the whistle settles down, serve it hot with a blop of butter on it.  

Tada... Palak Rice is ready 

Image courtesy: allotment2kitchen.blogspot.com

What I usually do is keep everything ready for the puree and when we come back just takes 5 minutes to put it up on the gas.  By the time we change  and wash up the dinner is ready sushi emoticon

Hey before you go to comment, my guest post on Women's web is here for you to read... It got really good reviews ....See now.. this is why you should follow me on Facebook, that is where I post my non - blog articles 



I don't mind being stalked if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

40 comments:

  1. woww!! this simple, is it? i shall give it a try this weekend for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha bilkul.. very easy.. and if you have time on your hands then just do some variations with onion, tomatoes etc...

      Delete
  2. Palak rice tastes yummy and it is healthy too. :) Nice one SuKu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could not wait till I published this no O_O .. immediately got an email :P :P ... now try this and tell me how it was...

      Delete
  3. haha!! Do you know what I'm eating while I read this? Yup, paalak rice! It's a fave at our place. We also add tomato to it for even more flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahhaha.. that is telepathy.. err no blogpathy :P :P ... yes we too make it with variations if we have time..

      Delete
  4. Wow! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Will try it soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rekha thanks for visiting... :) :) do let me know how you liked it ok :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing how our lives revolve around food. I really began to notice it once I had children. I was either making food, feeding them food, cleaning them up from eating food, doing dishes so we can make food, what food to make three times a day, and what food to buy to get through the week. I enjoyed your post a lot!! ♥♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now mothers and food both are inseperable :):) Thank you Kathy :)

      Delete
  6. wow!! Looks yummy and easy to make!
    I love one-pot meals like this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear :) yes me too a big fan of quick food :)

      Delete
  7. Ah, the palak rice looks really good. I must try it out. But do you really need to cook palak this much. Ideally greens must be lightly cooked. How about making the puree and adding it to precooked rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rachna :) ... u r right greens must be lightly cooked but on medium flame i think it should be alright.. and adding it to precooked rice i have tried but we did not like it much...

      Delete
  8. Awwww!! I love palak rice...and this looks reall good...this is just my kinda food :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did try this out on a very lazy day. :P
    The added bonus that all the ingredients were healthy offered comfort :D

    (And I think I did tell you that I loved your article over at WW )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this exactly what you can cook on a lazy day :) ..

      and yes darling you did... thank you so much♥

      Delete
  10. i was running out of ideas what to cook today.....this looks good, im making this now... and hope it turns out well..will send u pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaahhh good.. with time on hands you can make it with some variations :) :)

      Delete
    2. ok...firstly........i made it..
      secondly....it tasted great!!
      thirdly, The colour is not as dark green....wonder why?
      lastly......taken pics, will upload soon....

      Delete
    3. ok firstly....i love you ♥
      secondly....yayyyyy for making this palak rice
      thirdly.. about the color maybe the qty of palak should have been more if the rice qty was more than 2 cups. If not then next time just try adding more palak..
      lastly... waiting for the pics and i luv you again ♥

      Delete
  11. I am going to try out this recipe. Have been looking for ways to incorporate more spinach into my diet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kaneenika :) :) make it and let me know how it was :)

      Delete
  12. I make it with a little variation i.e. I fry it with onions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i make it too.. but only when i am not tired and have time... :(

      Delete
  13. Sukuuu... Back here after a long time and I am welcomed with a yummy dish :D what more can I ask for??
    You know, these days am on a cooking spree, and my next experiment is surely palak rice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am soooooooooo glad to see you around... thank you very much for all your comments ♥♥♥:D ... yes yes make this palak rice it is very nice :)

      Delete
  14. I have never even heard about it can you imagine? Well this is bookmarked and the experiment on way for this weekend. Will tell you about the collateral damages from the recipe :P

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahah why do i have a feeling that the collateral damages are really going to be funny :P :P

      Delete
  15. I mix palak and methi leaves together to make rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make it too :) and it tastes really good :)

      Delete
  16. That's a new one... must try this out, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes madam.... you give it a try and let me know ok how it was :)

      Delete
  17. So this is the palak rice that the little princess made for her prince's 40th birthday! Definitely looks like a winner. And the recipe is so uncomplicated... even I can give it a try! :P
    UBC Day 16 - "Ten On Tuesday: 10 Pick-Me-Ups"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes this is the one :D ... yes try but just make sure you add more palak ok...

      Delete
  18. Suku, John made this palak rice today and it is just awesome :-) do keep us posted with such simple yet nutritious recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) ohhhh really??? that was so nice of him and I am glad you guys liked it :) :) ... and Palak is actually very nutritious for you during these times ♥

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥