Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Paris ♥

Day #10 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge....You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

***Before I proceed today, a word about The Ultimate Blogging Challenge... it has been tremendously helpful in boosting my writing skills.  It has improved traffic to my blog and I also have few new followers yayyyy.  But you know what they say about writing, what is a writer who cannot read others' work.  I read a lot and through this Challenge I have found a lot more new blogs to read.  Have followed few new blogs too. Interesting is that I also discovered quite a few non Indian bloggers whom I could relate to with their writing. Have you discovered the same too.  Maybe I have missed reading them.  If you have found some exceptionally good blogs then could you please share them in the comment box would love to go over and read***  

"Bonjour mes chers lecteurs"

Yes yes we are going to Paris today.  What I meant above is 'Good Morning my dear readers'.  Confession:  I used Google Translate 

Now thankfully Paris was not one of those impromptu travels.  Thankfully it was properly planned.  We reached our hotel in the morning, put down our bags and straight away left...where to??? Ofcourse to see the Eiffel Tower!! Among all the wonders of the world this is the first one that I was about to see.  The excitement level if could be described in words then it would be useless, because it cannot be, it has to experienced.  


First look at the Eiffel
Europe in general has a very user friendly public transport.  We are big fans and we always make full use of that.  Paris is no different.  When we got down at the Champ de Mars station my eyes got all into searching mode.  I knew Eiffel Tower is tall and I was hoping to catch a glimpse from somewhere.  As we reached and the tower became visible my heart was racing... trust me I am not at all dramatising it.  When I was close enough to see it I was in awe of that huge structure that stood in front of me.  Absolutely stunning!!!  
Closer to the Eiffel
We were very tired after the travel and then standing for hours in queue to get to the Tower, but still once we finished seeing & relishing the entire tower (yes we went to the top) we were still clicking pictures, standing, sitting, holding the Eiffel, kissing the Eiffel... don't ask exhausted emoticon

Then we were about to leave, and Ritchie suddenly shrieked 'OMG! look at that' and I turned back to see the Eiffel all lit up for the light show.  It was super beautiful sight, a sight which we got by surprise because we had no idea about the lights and were about to leave.  Thank God Ritchie turned back...we would have missed a spectacular view else.  But that was not the last we saw of Eiffel, during our stay of 5 days wherever we went we would cross the Eiffel and each moment we clicked pictures 

The next day we went to the Versailles Museum.  Even if you book tickets online you still have to go through hours of wait in the queue.  So once we reached the entry, there were two gates one to the garden and one to the museum.  Since a fountain show was about to begin at the garden we chose to go to the garden first.  But we were not aware that once you are in the garden then you cannot go to the museum because there is no access from the garden.  That means you have to go out and stand in the line all over again for hours.  So we just saw the fountain show and the garden and returned  

Mona Lisa Pic
But we got smart the next day.  Woke up really early and went to the Louvre even before the gates had opened.  We were among the firsts to enter that museum that day.  Dived straight to go and see the Mona Lisa.  I was expecting a grand big picture of Mona Lisa.  When we reached there, it was only a insy binsy picture.  Frankly I did not find anything great about it.  But there were a lot more Roman, Spanish and Greek work of art there which I absolutely loved. 






The Wax Man :P
One of the places we went was the wax museum there.  You can find everyone there from Shahrukh Khan to Gandhiji.  There were a lot of statues placed at the entrance too to welcome tourists.  This one statue baffled Ritchie.  When he was getting in, the statue got hold of his camera .... because that was not a statue...It was a real person dressed up and pretending to be a wax statue..I had already discovered it and yet let Ritchie go through it...yeah I know I am evil 




Me doing what I do best: Eating
Then there is this absolutely superb place we went to... DISNEY LAND!! OMG I tell you what fun I had there...it was like all the characters I had always seen on tv had come to life there.  The Walt Disney studio there was also really entertaining.  They had all sorts of information and live videos of how it all came into existence and also there was a film which showed how characters were developed moon and star good night emoticon







Sharing some other pictures which I found interesting

The Arc De Triomphe... It is a soldiers' memorial something like our Jai Jawan in Delhi.










The White House in Washington DC is built inspired by this structure in Paris.  






I must confess here that I am not a very big fan of the French hospitality after my Paris visit.  I found them to be very rude & unfriendly.  I found their customer service to be zero and totally unapproachable.  Very surprising indeed to what I had always thought about them.  Who knows maybe we just had bad luck and got only those kind of people there.  But yesterday we met our relatives here who were on their Europe tour.  They narrated an incident which just confirmed my experience too.  They were at the Novotel hotel with their group.  Another family from their group was having their buffet breakfast.  The lady left her bag on the breakfast table and went to take something to eat.  When she returned her bag was not there.  They were the only family in the dining hall as they had come early.  The only other people there were the staff.  The staff even refused to call their manager because it was a Sunday.  Infact they did not even allow them to go through the CCTV and it was surprising that even the police did not come because it was a sunday.  That family had to terminate their Europe tour in Paris and go back to India. Went to a Salon last week and while conversing that lady also said something similar about the French hospitality.


I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

30 comments:

  1. WOW, another place that I would love to visit!! Lucky you!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the Eifel tower and the Louvre exciting because there was some actual content there historically speaking. The other spots didn't really leave me wide-eyed.

    The lesser said about Parisian hospitality the better - so completely with you on that front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true both those places had the punch :).. but I liked other places too :).. you too a victim of Parisian kindness :P :P

      Delete
  3. Yes, through these blogging challenges have come across some real good blogs. Paris trip is awesome... could feel your enthusiasm and the fun you had. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Shilpa .. glad I could take you through this :)

      Delete
  4. Even I want to go to Paris. Husband of mine also has good things to say about the place. I wish I can go sometime. I love the smileys you use SuKu, they add that extra fun to your posts. I can imagine you doing all that those smileys do. :p

    P.S. Itna bada cotton candy, you ate all alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Poo :).. yes Paris is a must visit :D...

      yes i had that cotton candy all by myself... :P :P

      Delete
  5. One can never have enough of a city like Paris! A life time ambition to retire and sit by the road side cafe on Champs Elysee and sip coffee and see the world go by:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Rahul :) :)... I really really hope this wish of yours come true :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Am I jealous of you? Yes, I am :P :P
    Disney land, cotton candy, the Eiffel Tower, Paris.. lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that was the exact intention of the post :P :P to make everyone jealous... finally I have succeded :D :D

      Delete
    2. You mean lady :P :P :D
      But seriously, looking forward to more of your travels n adventures :)

      Delete
  7. Ah I Love Love Paris :D and you took me again on a Paris trip :D View of Eiffel from Torcederro is mesmerizing. I loved the hot coffee in a small coffee bar gazing Arch de triumph.
    Thats an awesome post thanks for reminding me all the fun I had there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nostalgic eh????? glad my post took you down the memory lane :) :)

      Delete
  8. i'm loving it this week here.... this virtual trip around the world in your lovely inimitable style is really "out-of-the-world"! (pun intended ;))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for giving a virtual tour of Paris suku !
    BFul Pics and ya am surprised by reading about the way French treated tourists . anyway good luck for UBC
    it surely will be motivating
    hav a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't u a globe trotting couple? :D

    Thanks for this virtual tour hope I get to visit it someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we sort of are :D... and sure you will visit someday pukka ♥

      Delete
  11. I am not coming to your blog you woman are making me jealous. Taking all my dream trips and even blogging about it. Boy you two have fun all the time! But anyways until I visit Paris, thank you for sharing the glimpses of city :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahah yes I am really evil now ain't I :P :P glad you liked it Richa :)

      Delete
  12. Cool :) Fingers crossed that i get to go here someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom-dad and Brother visited Paris few years back. My mom said Paris is full of beautiful people. You look around and you will find only well-dressed, smart, good looking men and women. A friends who visited recently, was also gushing over the same thing.
    I am glad I found your blog too. But otherwise, I haven;t had time to discover more blogs. May be I will soon. Keep writing :) love your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) yes Paris is surely a beautiful place

      Maybe because we are all busy with writing posts everyday and reading our group's blog... but i am sure once done with this then you will find more blogs to read :)

      Delete
  14. Hmmm Suni, that makes me cautious.. A good part of travel are the people around..if they behave in a cold way we feel strange and unwelcomed.. I have heard a lot about the light show... One place I want to visit is Italy.. Thank you for your tours Suni :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree people are a very important part of your travel.. just good to be on alert in Paris... Italy is really a beautiful place... worth your time :) :)

      Delete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥