Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Monday, July 22, 2013

Pride

Day #22 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge...You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)



We will start today with a rant..you know that my WOW post no...on I blushed did not get selected You know if it was selected then it would have been a hatrick for me, since my last two posts got selected..Tcha!! ok ranting finished 

Time for a new theme and I am still not feeling well... all I want to do is go and sleep.  Other than blog I had to write out some other articles for my other contributions and now my eyes are just wanting to close.  But amazing is my spirit and my smile... Ritchie says I am a sight to see with drooping eyes and my patent smile... Ok so what did we do so far... we laughed with my challenges and we went around Europe with my travel tales and we had some good food last week...so this week we will do some Gyaan Class ok? ok...

This week's theme is having some serious talks (yes I will try my best). During the week, each day I will write about 1 deadly sin... and we have 7 deadly sins... so today I will start with the first one...now pay attention class   The First Deadly Sin is Pride....
Image Source:  twinvalleyhomes.com

I am very sure that in this world there are many people who are devoid of this emotion called 'Pride'.  Some of us atleast are very infected with this deadly sin.  So much infected that we do not even bother to take a look at it until the 'Universe' drops us down like a hot potato and we fall on our faces.  Do you remember when was the first time you ever heard the word pride?  That picture above is really very apt, because I tried to think hard and I think that is the first time I heard about 'Pride'.  The lion was very proud of its strength and laughed when the mouse promised to help him someday.  That time when I was learning about pride, I thought that pride was a bad thing.  Pride was something which made you laugh at others, just like the lion.  True to that this notion stuck in my brains till one day when in 3rd grade, in history book there was a lesson on Lal Bahadur Shastri and there was a sentence 'he was very proud of his poverty'.  I very clearly remember this sentence because it made a huge impact on my learning.  Surprising as I write this I still remember that day when I was impatiently waiting for dad to return home so that I could tell him that Indian Government had made a mistake and how I had found it out.  

Dad reached home.  I waited patiently till he finished his tea.  And then dad noticed me waiting with a book in my hand, and pretended not to have seen me.  He asked my mom what I was waiting for? (yes I think he just wanted to be prepared before hand).  Mummy got up from sofa smiled at him and mockingly said, 'Indian Government made a big mistake by making Lal Bahadur Shastri the PM of India, he was a bad man'.  I think with her eyes she was telling Dad 'all the best with that'.  So now fully prepared dad called me and I continued my argument.  'See Papa Shastriji was a bad man, because he was proud..he was proud of his poverty...then why did they make him the PM?'.  Dad explained to me that pride was not entirely a bad thing.  Shastriji was proud of the poverty that he had and so never begged or borrowed money from people or took favours from others.  That is why during the floods he swam across the river and did not ask for anyone's help. Because he was proud of his poverty he did not end up wanting to have lot of money by doing wrong work.  'Then why was the lion bad when he was proud?' I quipped 'huh? which lion?' he asked 'aare the one in the story book' me now surprised that how my father could forget that 'that was in your KG class, you are in 3rd standard now' he said sternly 'yes but the lion does not know I am in 3rd standard no?' me more confused than ever now 'tell me no Papa so pride is good or bad?'.

'The lion's pride was bad' said dad 'because he laughed at the mouse and Shastriji's pride was good because that helped him from doing bad things...understood', saying this dad playfully hit on my back and asked me to go and play.  But I learnt it, though in my life I have forgotten about it many times, that it is good to be proud of your achievements and things that you have, but throwing it at people's faces thinking that they would never be able to do the same as you is the reason for downfall.  Let's take an example from the blogging world. You know we have contests on regular basis on different communities.  Have you noticed many many bloggers post their entries only at the last moment.  I agree many might be genuine cases of being busy etc., but I can bet many are also because of the reason that they don't want someone else to be inspired by their idea in the post and do better than them and win the prize.  How do I know this?  because I have done this, many times.  I know probably none of you did this ever because seriously you guys are far far better human beings than me, but I am very shallow I guess.

And finally one day it happened.  I submitted a post before the deadline and one blogger commented that he was very inspired to write his own post on this.  I replied 'Ya sure you must' all the while thinking that 'come on how good can he be'.  And this was when I was only 6 months old in the blogging world and I was thinking of myself as a JK Rowling I think.  When I saw his post in the winning entry, I was burning like someone had put me in a room full of heat.  For 2 days eating, drinking, sleeping I could only think how my post was much better than his and how it was not justified that he got a prize and not me even though that he was inspired by my writing.  Then I never posted my entries before hand, always waited for the deadline. God was dealing with me in this area and I slowly but surely learnt my lesson that I can be proud of what I write, but not so proud that I start thinking that no body else can write better.  So what if someone sees your post and writes his own, if he won that means his writing skills were good for that contest.  It's been 2 years since then, but when I gave up that attitude I have seen how much I have grown up as a writer.

Pride will take you nowhere if you are full of it.  See when you are full of it then you are weighed down and you will fall down, simple logic no. so it is better to lighten yourself always and give away what you learn and share what you have and humble yourself in front of others' efforts.  When you give away there is so much space that more knowledge fills that space and all this just grows on you .  And SuKu just realised how long this post has grown .  Sorry about that.  I will stop now.  But you got the message right??

'Pride in yourself and your achievement is good but only till you don't mock at others, if you cross that limit  and think no end of yourself, then I am telling you the dust on the ground does not taste good.  Believe Me!!

Image Source:  Google Search




I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

29 comments:

  1. Well said SuKu!! Everything is so relative in this world no - good, bad, pride, ego..I could go on.

    P.S. I like the "contest" bit, sometimes, I feel they make us more human,err, more animalistic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that's the world 'relative'... you just cannot have a definite shade...

      hahahhahah animalistic for sure :P

      Delete
  2. omg, MY DEAR GIRL, I Love you so much more right now!!!
    How sweet of you to confess and realize and so beautifully say this story too.. U are such an awefum person..*Umma on forehead*
    I think I am arrogant too. but nowadays I declare I am going to behave arrogantly and then be arrogant, as if that's any better :P
    With blogs it is just the contrary with me, I just want to post it asap or I lose the thread of thought and finally end up staring at my keyboard,gaping like a goldfish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah confession is also a trait which I had to learn from my mistakes really :) .. so am glad I am putting it to practice :)

      Delete
  3. Loved your gyaan today. The differntiation of good and bad pride is worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very important and interesting lesson for today. The contest part was enlightening too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha.. aarey you have no idea what all i have done in my life time :P

      Delete
  5. You made me laugh with your pride story. And OMG, you opened my eyes to this last minute entry thing. Is that what people think if you do that?!! *takes note* I am a last-minute-writer (not by choice, but by design)and always post my entry closest to the deadline. But of course I always wish I could have posted earlier and avoided the last minute rush because I have this habit of rereading my post umpteen times and that means like 200 times. :P If I don't do that I am distressed. But with ideas kicking in late I have no choice of my 200 rereads for contests or blog-hops and I mentally kick myself for not having finished writing earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as I mentioned some are genuine like you.. but some like me would like to hold it back :P

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to reading about your "deadly" sins!! BTW, I do not believe in sins- they are very contextual . And about blogger awards- I really do not CARE! I write to please myself and I read what I like and not what some blog network identifies as something good ( though some of those are also good!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes absolutely they are very contextual.. and that is why the explanation on good and bad pride...

      Me too I write for myself.. but I love my articles to be read and wait for comments and feedback...

      I start caring about the awards, once i submit to a contest :D :D

      Delete
  7. I have found that I enjoy writing and blogging more when I take the time to really enjoy other's writing. I don't claim to be the best writer or in need of a published book, but I do claim to enjoy what I do when all the words fall in place. It makes me so happy when others enjoy my writing and makes me happy to enjoy others.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Kathy.. that is the best way to do it.. and you really have a way with appreciating people's works♥

      Delete
  8. Daddy's are just so awesome!! <3 And yes, SuKu conveyed the lesson well and we all children learnt the lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are I agree :) ... and you are a good gal Bhavya i will write that in your report card :P

      Delete
  9. Take pride in all the things that you have achieved yet be humble enough for all the things that you haven't. In the end all that one has achieved is infinitesimally small compared to what they haven't. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you said it all Kanthu :) .. and I am seeing you for the first time here... welcome to SuKupedia :)

      Delete
  10. what a lovely post! loved the way u have interspersed humour with a great lesson... and u know what? I don't take these contests and prizes very seriously, because I like to think I did my best and so Im a winner for myself...and don't these contests rely a lot of votes and other's perceptions? so as long as I enjoyed what i wrote, im a winner in my own right! makes sense na?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ofcourse this makes sense... what is the point of feeling bad based on someone else's view point...

      Delete
  11. I am looking forward to this series, this will reveal a very different side of u. And it already has bits of it. Your honesty on the theme had already got me hooked. Lets see how it proceeds.. :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richa.. yes that is exactly what I was hoping to achieve... showcase a different style of writing :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. yeah what do i say.. i am just extra ordinary :P :P

      Delete
  13. I dont know whether it was pride or something else in case of Lal Bhadur Shastri. He was the Prime Minister of India when he died at Tashkand (Russia) due to heart attack (there are many conspiracy theories also going around on his death). But the fact that he had some bank loan still left to be paid on account of the car he purchased was i must admit very trouble, at least for me. Bloody he was The PM of India and still he could not afford to buy a car ? Some people say He was the most honest PM ever to serve India.And i must agree with this statement as does every other citizen of India. Rahul Dhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vow that is a very new info Rahul... he had a car loan.. what a great personality he would have been no ?? imagine our politicians and leaders today.. crores and crores of scam money :(

      Delete
  14. Your Dad was really patient with you when you were a kid. Hats off to him! You seem to have been quite a handful! :D :P

    I liked how you presented this lesson in this post. And I like your weekly series even more. I call them "Suku's Sevenses" (like in the Hobbit lingo, you know... "elevenses")! Some day, I will also start this series on my blog. Instead of the daily blogging challenges (KBL-T30s as I call them), there will be Suku's Sevenses.

    Yes, you have every right to be proud of this one! :D

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥