Welcome to SuKupedia ♥

Hi There,

If you are a regular, you know what to do
Thanks for coming back ♥♥ If you are a first timer, you probably typed '10th wonder of the world' and google landed you here or someone just referred you to the 'most awesome blog'. Whatever the case, you reached the right place
Just click 'Enter' . On your left hand side you will see 'Blog Topics', click the topic you would like to read. On your right hand side you will know how to 'Follow' me and on the top you will see a 'Full Bio-data' of me and my blog, my awards, how to contact me and my community listings So, what are we waiting for 'HIT IT' ♥♥
ENTER

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Switzerland ♥

Day # 11 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge...You can read my other posts for the Challenge here :)

Hey you wanna go to Switzerland??? This is what my ever endearing spouse asked me one week.  I mean seriously??? You never ask a cat if it wants some milk.  I lapped at the opportunity 

Hoping, jumping, rolling we reached Switzerland (no no we took a flight, that is just how my emotions were behaving).  Just outside the airport was a bus service to our hotel. Told you Europe has a superb public transport system.  Got into the bus and after about 15 minutes, I asked Ritchie for his bag.  We looked around our seats but the bag was not to be found!! That bag contained our passports and one laptop!! Apparently we left that bag at the bus stop (correction:  Not 'We' 'He' left it there). So we got down at the next stop and Ritchie took another bus to look for the bag there.  When he returned the bag was with him. Thank God nobody thought of taking it away.  Thus began our tour in the land of Yash Chopra and Karan Johar..... Switzerland!!


After reaching the hotel and resting for some time, we left for a stroll outside.  We went to a nearby lake. Everything about Switzerland spreads beauty.  Even this simple small lake was so calm and serene with ducks and swans in it.  One thing I noticed about Switzerland is that every building small or big has a clock on it; well aptly so because of Swiss Watch making industry.  We also visited some chocolate stores that day and that is me looking greedily at those chocolates 


The next day we took a train to roam around.  And you know those lush green locations that they usually show in movies, they actually exist!!! With cows grazing and their bells around their necks tingling away and a man more handsome than Shahrukh Khan by my side I was really feeling like a Yash Chopra heroine minus the chiffon saree  




We then visited Titlis the highest point there.  I took my first Gandola ride there.  When I saw the welcome message written there in Hindi I must confess I really felt very patriotic .







And then look who else we found there on that point.  This cut out was on that point and I didn't know what my reaction was.  I probably felt, 'look these guys are following us here too'.  Told you earlier it was a land of Chopra and Johar and they have made it very clear by having this cut out there 


But that is not all, if Bollywood was there then our Mumbai vada paav was not to be left behind.  When we came down from that point me and Ritchie were so hungry and cold that this vada paav and nice hot masala tea was heavenly.  We hid behind that stall and relished these delicacies because the bus driver was looking for us and he was getting late.  We only made ourselves visible after we had finished our divine meal 



Speaking about divine meal, when we were atop Titlis I had this ice cream.  This goes down as the bestest ice cream I have ever had.  The milk, the toffee caramel, the cream OMG it was pure magic. That's Ritchie expecting me to share, no I didn't give him..because he was having a sore throat bbbuuuhahahahahahah







The next day we went to the Rhine falls.  I am a tad bit scared of big falls and gushing water.  The Rhine Fall is really a huge one.  The sounds are so heavy and clear that you can hear them at the station.  Pure white monstrous water fall, hitting and splitting at the rocks.  We made a video and The enthusiastic spouse by mistake deleted it  .  We even saw a rainbow right in middle of those falls, like really close to us.  It was a spectacular sight.  




This is a picture of a Swiss house. The red flower plants around the house has properties to keep off the mosquitoes and other insects and hence you will find it in plenty.  But obviously the Swiss love beauty so these plants don't grow in bushes but are neatly and tastefully arranged around houses.  The cuckoo clocks are built on this model.  What is a Switzerland trip without shopping for some Swiss watches.  So I bought my first Swiss watch there and hubby bought his second.  We also bought the cuckoo clock and it is so beautiful.


We etched our names there 'Billu & Pinky'  ♥♥♥ No we didn't break rules there was this patch only for that!


During the ride back to the airport Ritchie made a comment, "How well the infrastructure is. These guys spend a lot of money maintaining it"  I cheekily replied, "Yes India has a very big hand in its development after all our politicians keep all their scam money in Swiss banks only no" 






I don't mind being stalked  if you like what I write here please click the 'Contact' page and follow me to read more of my work 

http://about.me/sukusapru

27 comments:

  1. Loved your post :) It is my dream to visit Switzerland. Until then, I can enjoy it through your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and when you do...you are going to love it more :)

      Delete
  2. Oh you make me crave...lovely post n a gr8 peek into the Swiss world! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next on the list:) You sold Switzerland to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good :) :) .. now I should send a bill to the swiss tourist department :D :D

      Delete
  4. Loved your post!! Funny how he offers to go to Switzerland like one would suggest to go shopping. LOLOLOL Reminds me a lot of how my mom and dad were.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe yes that's him.. always calm on the platform :)

      Delete
  5. I love your travelogues, err, let me correct it. I love everything you write, err, let me correct it once again. I love you SuKu. <3

    Switzerland looks beautiful. I should convince my husband to have our second honeymoon there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you go gal.. ofcourse get him to go there :).. you will love it :)... and I luv you too ♥

      Delete
  6. lovely!!
    Switzerland has been on my top 10 places to visit!!
    Pics are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) hey make a list and blog about it.. would love to see what's on your mind :) :)

      Delete
  7. is there any place in the world where we might not find a slice of India? I doubt that!

    loved the pics and the description...sounds utterly romantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Princess :) no not the countries atleast I have been too ... you find a good chunk of India everywhere :)

      Delete
  8. You took me to a virtual tour. Seriously i loved it.

    Don't know when will i visit it for real. Sigh!

    How amazing was that you guys found your left luggage exactly at the spot you left it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preetilata your first time here, isn't it? welcome to SuKupedia :).. let's pray you get to visit this place really soon :) :)

      and yes that was really God's Grace that we got our bag O_O

      Delete
  9. this is my last visit to your blog. Very seriously. I am not happy one bit. You think this is easy for me? Reading about your fabulous dream destination holidays. I hate you :"( and yes I love shahrukh khan a lot and this is why switzerland is definitely my number one destination :D :D

    p.s that rainbow over waterfall is damn good!

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheheh you are jealous no? :P :P good mission accomplished :D :D ...

      yes the rainbow was really a super sight.. it was almost like I could reach and hold it in my hands :)

      Delete
  10. U surely had a great time!

    LOL @ Rich's comment! Richa not to worry with this week the travel theme ends here :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah sure i did :) ) .. no the travel theme will only end on Sunday no O_O .. remember it's for a week :P :P

      Delete
  11. Hmm I loved being a pseudo-traveler on this trip :)That hindi message was quite surprising, isn't it? So, there must be a huge crowd coming from India frequently, (thanks to Chopras and Johars), so they thought it fitting to give Hindi some importance.
    The moment I saw your engraving, I went 'Oh no!' but then I read the next line and I was so relieved. Quite romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes a lot of Indians travel.. you should really see the crowd.. they had messages written in most of the foreign languages :) .. hehehe yes otherwise Ritchie would have killed me for writing something like that :D

      Delete
  12. KIKIKIKIKI.. I loved your ending retort Suni :P
    My work Life balance is [athetic..
    That said..I love the virtual tours I journey with your blogs to all my favourite places too.. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just came back from Switzerland... thanks for the virtual tour :D

    ReplyDelete

♥♥ Like it? Dislike it? Debate? Say it...it is always an encouragement ♥♥

Spread Luv ♥ Do Share ♥